Thursday, July 2, 2009

All about me

My name is Tara Tanner. I am a teacher and new vice-principal from Swift Current, SK. For the past 10 years, I have taught physics at our local high school. This spring, feeling like I needed a change, I accepted the position of vice-principal at Central Elementary School in Swift Current. Next year, I will be teaching Grade 2 English Language Arts and Social Studies. Needless to say, I will be spending many hours this summer preparing for my new position.

Two years ago I enrolled in the MES program at the U of A. This course will be my final requirement for graduation and I plan on convocating in fall. In spring, I completed my master’s project. My research looked at secondary science teachers’ perceptions of content literacy and ways to overcome barriers so that literacy can be implemented in all high school classrooms.

As far as my personal life goes…I live on a farm about 20 minutes northeast of Swift Current with my husband and two kids. My husband in an engineer who also recently changed jobs and now is the site manager for a large wind turbine project here in Southwest Saskatchewan. My daughter, Jaydn, is 7 years old and is going into Grade 3. My son, Nathan, is 4 years old and will be starting Kindergarten in fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment